Sunday, July 29, 2007

yayyyyyeee wwooooh! this morning I realised we'd made it!...we'd got to the point where all the boys can amuse themselves for a bit on a weekend morning so mum and dad can have that extra half hour...or so heh,heh....sleeping in!

What a mile stone! Patrick looooves 'the upside down show' with Shane and David so he is happy in front of the box (well actually I love this show too and have been known to get up and watch with P lol!), Samuel is usually busy raiding the pantry for anything edible...although luckily his favourite thing to munch is cereal like cheerios or honey pops so I make sure they are within reach, Joseph is a bit like a talking clock wandering in to announce the time every so often and if we are lucky he is usually keen to show off his big boy skills and will make us some toast in bed!

Now that the fencing is finished we are turning our attention to the garden, and first things first the vege patch....I got a beautiful book from the library on french style gardens and so this is my vision... minus ye olde stone building in the background! lol!


Yep so after ditching the idea of raising a few sheep or whatever for the freezer in the paddocks...cause we didn't think we would be able to bear to see them donked and then dished up for dinner (and I grew up on a farm rof!) we are going to put one of our paddocks to use growing veges instead...I don't tend to get so emotionally attached to a carrot or a row of peas for some reason lol! The boys are super excited and we have spent the afternoon sowing up a heap of seeds in trays...






If you are playing along with Jack Me Up...this is the last week for Roo's layout, the deadline is Saturday 4th August and the deadline for the NZ Dares everyday moments dare with some wonderful Fisker cutting doodackies to be won is this Wednesday...so go on, go on, go on....get scrapping!

7 comments:

Sharon said...

Look great - wish my garden looked like that!

Lynda said...

Woohoo, yay on the sleep in! Good luck with your garden, that pic sure looks stunning.

Raewyn aka whinney said...

Yaay for sleeping in! Yaay for the french garden, can't wait to see the progress pics Meek.
Raewyn

Hannah said...

How fabulous that you got a sleep-in! And the french garden looks amazing, can't wait to see yours when it's done! We spent all day in the garden on Saturday too, and now I ache all over ... it is such a good workout!!

Roo said...

I should read the post before I look at the pics, I was like wow what an impressive garden you have up there - love the stone building -rofl. Okay, I am sure it won't be long till your garden does look like that tho.

Michelle said...

Awwww... your boys are just too cute!!!

Ilka said...

LOL I'm with Roo on this one, looked at the pics and thought OMG it looks like some french garden..
Wont be long with so many busy gardeners for yours to take shape. I so know what you mean about eating your own animals.. we used to have rabbits when I was a kid and I hated it when they turned into our sunday dinner ;p Gimme a carrot any day to kill but I dont even like chewing on bones;p