Thursday, August 07, 2008

and the days go by...

we have seen the sun this week though so that is a good thing!

....even so its drumming down out there again...looks like another wet weekend in store for us....will just have to sit and watch the Olympics with everyone else I guess!! I always sort of dread the Olympics...I hate all the media buildup bullpoop...but once it gets going past all the hoopla and concentrates on the athletes and their achievements I get into it a bit more.

I helped Patrick do a little project on the Olympics tonight so have discovered lots of interesting little things like when you put the Chinese names of all the olympic mascots together it says 'Welcome to China lol! Not sure if that was quite what the teacher had in mind when she asked them to find out some facts about the Olympics but too bad, thats what Patrick wanted to write about!! He was quite taken with the little characters, possibly because they have a passing resemblence to Pokemon heh, heh...

Samuel is zooming towards his third birthday...and yay for him he will celebrate his birthday in big boy undies!! No nappies during the day now for the last two weeks....Ka Pai Samuel!! Here he is ready for take off in his airplane..note the controls, the lever, the steering wheel?!! (lol) and the seatbelt....
I was really pleased to hear Joseph mention this week that he had been trying out for parts in the play the school are performing for a local cultural festival next month. He's not usually one for volunteering to be in the spotlight in a performing role like this so I thought it was pretty cool he felt comfortable enough to try...fingers crossed he gets a wee part to play!

Jim is steadily zooming towards his birthday too...hee hee.....love it when the gap between us closes up a little!! Hope you have your big boy undies at the ready too Dad lol!!

Took this pic a few weeks back...it made me laugh because we were walking along and Joseph stopped and said take photo of us and by some sort of miracle they all stopped and willingly posed just like this! Jim had the camera...and I was muttering through clenched teeth 'hurry up and take the shot' before they move!!! No silly faces...just that darned hooded sweatshirt of Patricks which he lives in....with the hood up constantly.... but I can live with that when they are all smiling so nicely!

I spotted this little gem amongst the brick a brack at our playcentre white elephant sale we had recently...and knew instantly it was destined for my kitchen....heh, heh...the perfect apple turnover in minutes!! I'm going to try a meat pasty next....




so what have I been scrapping this week or so....

This for the latest NZ dare...to use a repeated pattern on your layout....

These for the last two Bossy Scrapper sessions at Scrapbook Studio...Sunday's at 8pm...be there or be....not there! Lots of fun and all welcome to join in!
This for the August Kiwi Jack....awww an ickle Joseph!! Adele chose a gorgeous layout by Yvette so do remember to come and check it out and be inspired to create your own layout!and finally this for Heidi's Quick fire challenge last Friday at Scrapbook Studio....yay another one to pop into Jims childhood album...another awwww moment lol!



The Scrapbook Studio DT have a blog underway with daily snippets of scrapbook musings, mini tutorials and updates and info regarding challenges etc from the forum.


and that about sums it up for now!
Have a good weekend!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm loving all your layouts, Meek!
A few birthdays in your house, that's always fun! And well done to Joey on the potty training :-)

Anonymous said...

Some great layouts there all making me think of spring with the colours.
And I want that apple turnover maker very cool.

Jenny said...

That photo of your three boys is just priceless, Meek. The kind you can scrapmany times over

Sharon said...

Now I feel hungry looking at those apple turnovers. Love that photo - it is some kind of miracle!

Angela said...

Hi Meek. Love that photo of the boys, even better that they asked for it.

Do ya wanna share your recipe that you used, I've had those pie maker things for ages, and have never used them, and yours look so delish!

Anonymous said...

Yummy turnovers.great layouts and awesome colours.

Anonymous said...

wow those apple turnovers look awesome Meek, have those myself but ashamed to say I've never used them....lol, must give them a go now, have to suss out a gluten free pastry....lol

Anonymous said...

Hi Monique,
are you happy blooging with Bogspot? I'm annoyed with blog.co.nz but I wanted to know before I swap if this service is better. I'm tired of the comments not showing, and my text being ccut off!
anyway, this is what it looks like...
http://regencyreader.blog.co.nz/
cheers,
Paula