Thursday, July 31, 2008

Rain

I opened my eyes
And looked up at the rain,
And it dripped in my head
And flowed into my brain,

And all that I hear as I lie in my bed
Is the slishity-slosh of the rain in my head.
I step very softly,
I walk very slow,
I can't do a handstand
I might overflow,

So pardon the wild crazy thing I just said
I'm just not the same since there's rain in my head.

Shel Silverstein

Ok so last night the power went off at tea time...Jim had bought home a yummy frozen apple strudel for pudding...so as we were lamenting the lack of electricity and joking how we could cook it in the fire...I suddenly burst out with 'hey why don't we put it in the microwave'....yep even the kids gave me a stunned look......like the poem...I blame the rain lol!! yup its definately the rain's fault NOT the colour of my hair!!

A couple of layouts using more supplies from my Scrapbook Studio DT kit.


August tomorrow! yay...it just sounds closer to summer....new dare and new Jack go up too.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL, that's so funny Monique! I must admit I have thought similar things when the power has been out ... and I'm not blonde, ROFL!

Anonymous said...

Ditto what Hannah said.

You guys have had so much rain. Really feel for you.

Sharon said...

LOL - I heard the guy on the radio talking about Shel Silverstein today - never heard of him until today and then I see your post. I must find him :)

LOL about the microwave - amazing how you take power for granted (and how much it affects you if it goes away!!)

Anonymous said...

LOL! That made me laugh - type of thing I would do. Great layouts they look fab!