Wednesday, July 02, 2008

My layout for the July Jack....check out who it is here

So June has gone and i'm another year older!! Its all good, onwards and upwards as they say! Some of the best bits of my birthday were...

*Jim had a day off to spend with me yay!!!

*All the boys (big and small)spent a secretive evening the night before creating a very special painted birthday canvas...its very cool, and has pride of place in the window where it catches the light and reminds me everyday that it is great to be 37 years old!

*I was taken plant shopping!! my favourite sort of shopping and we found a sale and loaded our trailer with tropical plants...

*Jim took Samuel and I to lunch here where we enjoyed a platter, a melt in the mouth creme brulee and a very civilised glass of pinot gris....a bowl of pasta, ice cream and fizzy was the order of the day for the young fella and seemed to go down exceptionally well...especially when another couple arrived with a little pigtailed girl of the same age and he got to show off all of his nearly 3 yr old charms to her!! Heh, heh!!

*I was then treated to a new pair of shoes...which then went back to the shop as I realised they wern't right once I got them home (cue a bit of a hissy fit 'why do shoes never fit me right!! sort of hissy fit) did you know shoes shouldn't hurt your feet?...and they went back to the shop....but my personal shopper and chief fashion expert(Jim..sillies!) refused to give up and found me the 'perfect' pair online...available in Whangarei...so off we go the next day (luckily soccer was cancelled...LUCKY!!)roll up into the shop, the lady has them there waiting as Jim had rung earlier to make sure they had my size (he thinks of everything I tell ya!)...the only thing was...WOULD THEY BE COMFY!!...nail biting stuff...and they were! So they came home to stay. My husband is the most patient, persevering person in the world and he's all mine!!

*We had cake...chocolate gateaux and even better!!....yes it gets better....there was enough to have some for breakfast the next day too!! forgot to get a pic so thought a nice one of the empty plate and crumbs would suffice lol!!

So thank you to my lovely family for a lovely birthday...thoroughly spoilt!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy belated birthday for last Friday! It sounds like a perfectly lovely day. Aren't your boys (and man) so sweet, painting that lovely canvas, taking you for lunch, buying plants and shoes ... love it! Oh, and I love that you took a photo of the EMPTY cake plate, too funny :-) Probably just as well or we'd all be tempted to go and eat cake, huh?

Jenny said...

The canvas is wonderful!