Monday, May 21, 2007


The buzz at the moment seems to be all about the Dove campagin aimed at raising self esteem in young girls and seeing the beauty in everybody....Yay for Dove...and yay for Ngaire for posting an awesome challenge relevant to this on her blog....such a cool blog she has...must go there more often!
...As a Mum of three boys though I would like to say don't forget the boys too! They are every bit as sensitive as us females, they tend to just bottle it away though and I think the message should be nuture self esteem in all our children and each other!

I did this layout a while back just for fun, it makes me laugh...I guess I just accept the way that I look, my crooked front tooth, the laugh lines...or crows feet lol!, the glasses, the hair that never does what I want it to do!! As long as my boys and Jim love me for me than thats all that matters... thats what makes me feel beautiful.....some days are harder than others I must admit though...after a day hanging at home with the housework, three noisy grubby bundles of mischief (aka the boys!) in my jeans and t-shirts, pottering in the garden....beautiful is probably low on the list of things I am rofl!!

And just a reminder Wednesday is the deadline for this round at NZdares...have you dusted of the childhood pics yet...I have seen some real cute ones around...

Mine is a baby pic, there wern't that many to choose from...the joy of being the 4th kid lol! but I love the quote from the plunket book I found, it suited the pic down to the ground!

4 comments:

Hannah said...

Love that first layout Monique - so funny!! Love the photos you used as well. I read about Ngaire's challenge and it seems a lot of Kiwi girls are getting on board so will be great to see what everyone comes up with! As I have gotten older I have come to accept myself for ME, the way I am. I know my hubby loves me the way I am but like you I find it hard to accept a compliment from him! But I always remember that saying: Beauty is more than skin-deep :-)

Sharon said...

Very cool pages Monique - and I love his answer :)

Jenny said...

I agree with you Monique - we must teach our sons their own selfworth and also not to judge girls by their looks

Ilka said...

Couldnt agree more you with Monique - we all- adults, males females and our kids need to nurture our selfesteem!
In NZ we have a high suicidal rate in young males, that's a real worry to me that we obviously dont give our male youngsters a positive confident outlook into the future...
And Jenny so spot on!
Oh and Monique love both LO's. The first is such a neat cool concept and execution and the second, well it's so cute and funny too!