Monday, October 02, 2006

I seem to be doing the dumbest things lately! don't know what my brain is up to at the moment...for example, the boys are out at mum and dads for a couple of nights sleepover and I totally forgot to pack Patricks nightime pullups duh! even though I laid their Jammies out and everything! Apparently Patrick told Mum when she asked where they were that 'he was a big boy now and didn't need them'....NOT!! rofl! It didn't dawn on me until midnight last night when I suddenly thought about it so rang them (how embarrassing, but hey its my parents they know I'm an egg lol!) to get him up for a wee! I know its hardly a major drama...just stupid and I hate being stupid! so get over it and get on with it lol!

Not a whole lot of scrapping going on but I have started my Get Real Album using some of the lovely new Basic Grey for the SBO comp and completed a double layout for the cyber crop they held...the challenge was to use chipboard. I painted up some letters with delish paints and decorated the star with urbanlily rubons.

The holidays are going well, I really enjoy having Joseph home and Patrick does as well, they are good playmates.
Caught my little superman Patrick in action
flying down the hill on his bike the other day


We were lucky to have such lovely weather for the first week, even got to meet up with some of my yahoo scrapping group in Hamilton gardens on Friday which was awesome...it would be so cool if one day the whole group could get together! The Japanese garden is coming along really nicely, must take some pics...when the rain stops lol!

Have just installed a better photo editing program on the pooter, have been having much fun playing. This is my first attempt at painting out an ugly background....photo taken pre Vicky's photography class lol! I know now how to get better shots without the ugly stuff in the background lol! but I really like this pic of my boys so thought I would try and save it! I like it!

Autumn leaves have a new blog to inspire and motivate you to use more colour called Designing with colour www.autumnleaves.com/colorBlog/ one day I might learn how to add the link properly lol!

I actually used red as a background on a layout the other day for the Scrapbook Essentials button swap! That is so unlike me, master of blues, greens and browns or neutrals...safe colours! So I might try and do some of the autumn leaves colour challenges to keep me using more bright colour

2 comments:

Hannah said...

Sounds like you've been very busy, Monique! I love the layouts you've done. And the pic of your boys is just lovely, you did a great job blocking out whatever was in the background, as to me it just looked like you had it taken in a studio or with a black backdrop!

PS. your boys are SO cute!

Jenny said...

I too wish that we could all get-together just once.