Wednesday, October 04, 2006



The NZ dare this time round is to use flowers on a masculine layout. I wanted the flowers to almost be part of the background cardstock and all the focus on the photo.

So I used the same colour cs with a rub of delish paint, outlined in grey pencil and sketchy detail added with white pen to pop it a bit....hard to get a good pic but hey you get the idea, looks better in real life though!! The words read...somewhere in the middle of wales....the man I fell in love with.

This was taken on one of our little road trips in moritz (a little red metro car) somewhere in the middle of nowhere in Wales, we used to love just driving anywhere and seeing where it would take us... the road is the grey line running across the middle and we had just raced up the side of a rather steep hill!


Our favourite hot drink lately is green tea...so much so that we have ditched the healtheries teabags and bought some proper leaves and the most gorgeous little Japanese teapot and cups (off trademe for $10!)! I feel like a little girl in the mornings now having a tea party!
Jim and I have both decided Japan is a place we would like to visit...me for the tea and gardens...the for the classic japanese cars (he has so far restored a classic honda N360 and is working on his next project. An Isuzu for the whole family to fit into lol!!

With the good weather we have been having I am really enjoying being able to fling open our new bifold doors onto the garden! We have set up the stereo in one of these rooms and it is so nice to have the music on while gardening. Really enjoying the sounds of Morcheeba, Corinne Bailey Rae and KT Tunstall at the moment.

5 comments:

Sharon said...

Layout looks very cool Monique - love that dimensional look it has. I love Green Tea too - but mainly at yum char :-)

Ilka said...

LOL about the green tea - I swear it's an epidemic! My man drinks it as chai, at work everyone ( 3-4 others) except me - who needs her coffee, drinks either green tea - or green tea with lemon.
Love that muted layout!

Hannah said...

Love the layout, Monique!! Beautiful.

NZ Toomeys said...

Yay - We found your blog Ming. What a great way to catch up and see what our nephews are up to. Have just returned from Canada so have mn pics to show everyone - Maybe a catchup at the boys birthdays next month. The little guys are just priceless. M,M,L & C.

Christi said...

Hey, Monique! I keep checking your blog and no updates :( so I hope everything is ok. I noticed you have been 'missing in action' lately. So *hugs* that everything is fine :)