Wednesday, December 13, 2006




Here are my first pages for Janines twelve days of christmas challenge. As you can see it is all about the Christmas tree...I have used an envelope on the left side which is for holding cards with written memories on them...I have started with some childhood christmas tree memories from myself and DH and plan on adding thoughts from the boys about what their favourite thing is about our christmas tree this year...on the other side in a pocket are the star decorations I made for the boys which I will give to them on Christmas Eve to hang on the tree! So cool to see this little book shaping up....onto favourite Christmas recipes next!

Talking about trees...I guess you could call me a tree hugger...I love them, they seem so strong and serene....my idea of Heaven is to sit in the shade of a beautiful tree and watch the world go by...my worst moment last year was watching my
beautiful Japenese Acer being ripped
out when added the extension to the
house...I have since aquired TWO new maples in my Japenese garden to make up for it lol!
and I just love the glory of the Pohutakawa during Summer trips to the coromandel.....anyway the point is when we moved into our house 7 years ago we planted an olive tree and have watched it grow and its trunk grow thick and strong...the ticket said it would mature and set fruit in 7 years and every year it would blossom and the tiny spikes of flowers would fall off....only this year they havn't fallen! I am so excited we are going to have olives this year!! I have no idea when to pick them let alone how to preserve them so need to do some research!

4 comments:

Janine said...

oh Monique this album is going to such a treasured keepsake. I love what you cerated for day one....

Roo said...

Wow I am so loving your Christmas pages. They are very cool.
I love trees too so well done on the olives.

Anonymous said...

Just gorgeous Monique, You are very talented.. Love your designs.

Anonymous said...

Wow - that is a good sized Olive tree - hope you get plenty of fruit:)