Thursday, January 11, 2007



It would seem I have been bitten.....by the knitting bug! After ending my post last time with....'so does anyone knit?'....I came across about a kajillion knitting blogs, then I sussed out the knitting section at the library and brought home a cool book called 'Stitch n Bitch, the knitters handbook...the essential guide for chicks with sticks' and with subtitles like 'it takes balls to knit....and skeins and hanks' I knew knitting had moved on from the Granny pasttime or halfdone, holey, out of shape scarves lurking in my childhood memories!

Had a bit of a practice session with a past expert knitter...aka Mum to get me over the casting on hurdle and I was away....

Anyway here is my first knitting creation....the pattern called it a 'techno-cozy'...it can fit a mobile phone or an ipod (pity I don't have one lol!) but I think its cute just as a little belt bag to pop a bit of money or whatever in...just realised....my sony cybershot fits....now thats handy!!

Oh well I think its cool and love the look of the chunky knit and bright colours....now where was that hottie cover pattern.....

6 comments:

Vicky said...

How Cool! Love the colours and the button! Im afraid my kniting has taken over my scrapping for now...oh to find a balance!

Hannah said...

Cute, Monique! Great colours.

I used to LOVE knitting when I was a kid, my Nana taught me. I'd love to start doing it again, but alas I need to limit myself to just ONE craft. And that would be scrapping! My cross-stich has gone out the window since I started scrapping too, which is a shame! If only I had more time ;-)

Sharon said...

How very cool Monique! I haven't knitted for years - mabye I should take it up again. This looks like something I could make in less than a year!

Lara said...

very cool! Need to find my wool supply.... it's somewhere here.... want to get knitting again!

Roo said...

Cool wee baggie Meek, love the colours. After reading your blog the other day I got out the wool and crocheted as my knitting isn't the best and I made me a hottie cover lol. Will have to get a pic up on my blog soon. Was fun so thanks.

Janine said...

oh I love those colours and I have to say I can not knit, it brings back too many childhood memories of learning or attempting too. :-)

That book sound fantastic.