Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Well Summer called on us today! Hoo...blimmin....ray!! After the four seasons in one day weather we've been having lately I did a little happy dance inside to see that beautiful clear blue sky!!

So happy in fact I relented on my little stance against paddling pools and fired one into the trolley at the supermarket this morning...best $20 bucks I've spent in ages....kept the boys in continual hurtling action...all at the tops of their voices for the best part of the afternoon lol...yes I pity our neighbours...but hey I got to sit in the sun on the grass, keeping my eye on them and the other on my book...oh yes it was good and nothing like fresh air, sunshine and water to get kids tumbling into bed that evening!


Is it a whale...is it a turtle.....noooooo its a paddling pool!


Always time for a spot of mowing too!

Speaking of books....my backorder of Elsie Flannigan's 52 challenges arrived today...yay! had totally forgotten about it so it was happy dance time again for me this morning...two in one day! ....still wallowing in it...the book that is, not the happy dancing...its good.

Ok now I know its Summer but I was searching for a gift for a relative in the midst of winter in the UK and came across these....what scrapper wouldn't like one of these to snuggle up to while scrapping on a chilly winters day....did you check out the cozy toes too...cute! Anybody knit?

2 comments:

Janine said...

awwwww thsoe hottie covers are gorgeous.....loved your photos of summer....nothing says summer more than a paddling pool. The boys look like they are having fun.

Vicky said...

Cool photos, love that bum mowing!
Off to check out your links, i have just learnt to knit and am working on baby stuff buti can always add something else to the list!