Thursday, August 30, 2007

Another birthday boy this week....


and the boys and I thoroughly enjoyed spoiling him with flash choccies from Makana in Kerikeri, Champagne and posh nosh cooked by little old moi for dinner....oh and of course a cake.... vanilla sponge with homemade lemon curd (Delias of course)...a little tasty memory of home as it was Jims mum (Hi Sue!)who taught me to whip up these wonderful sponges when she was training me up to be his wife 10 years or so ago heh, heh!!



The boys had much fun searching for the corks from their sparkling juice and our very scrummy champagne...who needs restaurants when you can dine out in the late afternoon sunshine in your own garden!



(Look out old man, I'm an expert at this candle blowing lark!)
Here is my entry for the 4th challenge for the SE comp... using black and white pics, with a White OR black background and one other colour accent....a real challenge for this colour loving scrapper I tell you but I quite like the toned down result for a change!


6 comments:

Hannah said...

Happy Birthday to Jim! Sounds like a neat celebration. I like the idea of dining outdoors - you guys really do have the nicest weather in the country! I can't imagine having done that here, it's been horrible!

Sharon said...

Bubbles and cake - sounds perfect to me!

Jenny said...

Happy birthday to Jim. I like your candles - I wish I'd had some like that last week

Annelie said...

I really love this LO. Congrats on your 3rd place in the comp!

//Annelie

http://annelie.blogg.se/scrapping/

Ilka said...

Looks like you had a perfect birthday party!
Love your LO although toned down it's still very much you, gorgeous photos too. Grats gal, you're raking in the points!

Vicky said...

Happy (late) Birthday to Jim! Sounds like the perfect celebration...i wont tell Jimmy about the lemon curd or he will try and get all fancy on me and turn his nose up at his usual cream LOL!
Looks like bert didnt enjoy the cork popping so much!?