Monday, August 06, 2007

I've been wondering how to scrap this pic of me for ages, i was going to use it for the Tia class at CC freestyle earlier this year but never did, so after taking part in a truth or dare game at SIStv over the weekend I was dared to create a layout using 6 pattern papers, 6 brads, 6 ribbon and 6 flowers, all different...I came up with this for it last night...
Well we got to Rawene yesterday on our wee Sunday tikki tour...ate our sarnies overlooking the harbour and the boys indulged in a spot of seagull chasing, the tide was in so there was not much beach to play on so we decided to take the car ferry over to Kohukohu and drive back round from there....bit of an adventure for the boys and it is so fun to have somewhere new to explore, the scenery is amazing here, its got a wild edge to it which the 'manicured' farmland of the Waikato dosn't really have....and all the settlements are a little like stepping back in time!



6 comments:

Hannah said...

Love that layout, Monique!! I am also a "no make-up, cotton undies" kinda girl! ;-)

Looks like a fun day trip! I bet the boys really enjoyed the boat ride.

Lynda said...

Oh wow, I can't believe that beat up rusted out old truck is still over at Kohukohu. We toured up that way on honeymoon 18odd years ago and it was a rusted old truck then!

Angela said...

Love your layout Monique.

I remember many years ago, as a kid, taking a family holiday up North, and going over to Rawene on the car ferry. Can't say I remember the truck but if Lynda says it was there 18 years ago, it was probably there when we were there too, LOL

Sharon said...

Love the layout - great colours :)

Ilka said...

Ah finally I manage to post. Dont know why but I often have probs getting a comment window in blogspot:(
That LO is simply superb!
Sounds like you had a great daytrip. Love that photo of the rusty truck!

Penny said...

Must do that trip some day - DH's ancestors settled in Kohukohu :) The truck is very picturesque!