Sunday, August 12, 2007

Building ramps n digging holes

Jim 'ere. Hijacking Meek's blog.

Nice sunny weekend up north. Bit of a heavy drop on Saturday night but soon dry due to brisk (and warm) winds. Promised Joseph that I'd build a bike ramp and so got an old log and a few barrows of dirt and voila! He tried on the bike for a start and promptly fell off when I wasn't looking. Anyway.... who need's a bike!!
We've also found a novel was of disposing of green kitchen waste before we a) get a pig or b) build a compost. Yep dig a hole and chuck it in. The worms will love it..... so do little people!! Ok Meek back again...blimin people who start writing a blog entry and then give up halfway to go to bed...stating...you finish it cause you're quicker than I am rofl!!

Anway! next photo...you will remember last weekends cereal offender....well he was at it again...only this time emptied my big bag of rice onto the floor and was playing in it like a sandpit with a few kitchen utensils...oh my you gotta laugh or you would cry with that one...
(ummmm riiiiiight, you are probably thinking I did this, but uummmm yeah....I'm sure I saw Joseph and P poking around in there...you should go ask them *while I scarper*....

We also did garden shopping this weekend, after I got to spend a lovely half hours spend up at the scrapbook shop in Kerikeri while Jim took the boys to the car museum...little red car was taken out for a run too....before we treated ourselves to a cafe lunch! We bravely walked past the safe haven of McDonalds where kids can freely spill drinks and make noise(dragging Patrick mind lol!) and went to a 'proper' cafe where Jim and I indulged in grown up Paninis and coffee while the kids enjoyed cheese toasties and chips lol...well ya gotta have chips! and yes Samuel promptly spilt his juice 5 minutes after we sat down but luckily we were seated outside and it started raining so we moved inside away from the sticky puddle (luckily it missed my bag of new scrapbook papers!!)and only another lady with a baby laughed! I felt like saying 'yes you laugh now lady but give it another 6 months and this will be YOU' rofl!! It felt good though, the boys were very well behaved on the whole and they enjoyed themselves thoroughly.
and remember my vege patch vision....well we made a start on it...love digging lol!! but the seeds the boys sowed the other weekend are sprouting and will soon need somewhere to go!!

And I couldn't let a blog post go by without a layout or two to pretty things up heh, heh! They are both of my lovely Patrick....I think the next one of him should be of him in one of his grumps though cause when he does grump he GRUMPS!! lol!...This one was for Vicky G's cardstock/rubons/stickers/pen only challenge at SBO and the next one is for the new Jack Me Up that went up last night....check it out HERE , Christi's layout is just beautiful and was so much fun to jack with all those lovely layers to inspire! Thanks also to Hannah, our wonderful guest designer who created a fabulous layout and had to keep it top secret from her friend Christi for a good week!

And with that I am going to bed too....guess who is asleep already now!!!

8 comments:

Sharon said...

Looks all go at your house! Terrific layouts - especially the first one :)

Roo said...

Sounds like you are fitting right in up there :-) Cool that you have your patch of grass to do things with too.
And that 1st lo is just da bomb - I love it (I think I say that about all your lo's tho) Love the way you have done your journalling like that. Oh and well done Jim for starting a blog post :-)

Hannah said...

ROFL at the lady with the baby - she has NO IDEA what is coming!! LOL ;-) Nice that you got to enjoy a grown-up lunch though!

LOVE your layouts - both of them!!!

Penny said...

Oh boy .. that rice incident is a scream! And the hole-in-one is very funny too ;)
I love the clean look of your layouts. :)

Ilka said...

Oh you sound happily busy and things are already taking shape! Great LO's.Love love totally love that first LO!

Sharlene Meyer said...

That vege patch looks like it is going to keep you busy! Will be lovely to have all that fresh produce tho!! I'm pleased you are all enjoying life in your new home.

Jenny said...

That small one of yours! That's what my parens do - dig a hole and put the compost ine then when it's full they cover it up

Paula said...

Oh I love your bit of land, you seem to have so much fun with it. Hi Jim, great starting post pity you had to go to bed but Monique you finished in great style as always.