Friday, August 25, 2006





Phewff so the LSS ride ends for me! I am so glad I took part and really enjoyed the creative push but quite glad to get off here and concentrate on my SE layouts this weekend. The effer girls have thrown a curve ball for the next dare and called it #3.5 which has to be in by Saturday...I would never have done it with all my hair intact rofl!! Commiserations Vicky but we still have one kiwi contender in still Marieke Broeckman...all the very best to you for the next one, will be cheering for you!

Other news is my baby boy has turned one this week! He had a lovely day with lots of cupcakes and wonderful pressies. Poor wee fella is still struggling with his teeth which seem intent on all coming through at once...his nose and saliva are streaming so he is a bit of a soggy one year old at the moment lol!!

Had a bit of a What The?!!!! moment on Wednesday when the kindy teacher rang that morning to say Patrick had had 'An Accident.....quite an extensive one actually" while my heart did flip flops and my head started racing with thoughts about ambulances, ringing Jim and getting down there quick....she then calmly said .....and his shoes are thoroughly soaked do you mind if he walks around in bare feet... dumbfounded I blurted out, so hes just wet his pants then, of course he can wear bare feet!!! Really!!! are they not trained in telephone calls lol!! Could she not have just said, Patrick has peed his pants and his shoes and saved me same grey hairs......hold me up!!!

4 comments:

Christi said...

Really, Monique! I would have had a heart attack too! It's just as bad as DH storming through the door without DD#1 and saying she needs to go to Starship cause she might have pneumonia! What the?!?!!?

Happy birthday to your wee little boy! Such a wonderful age! It goes WAY too quickly! Almost makes me cry when I think about it.

Sorry that you missed out on the next round of LSS. You did wonderful! And I'm looking forward to your SE layouts!

Jenny said...

Samuel is soooo cutie cutie! Oh I yearn for those little pudgy baby fingers

Meg McKenzie said...

Those cupcakes look YUMMO Monique!
I hear you about the kindy thing, at least yours ring if something happens, I have to rely on the second hand info from a four year old!

Hannah said...

Aww, those are such sweet pictures! Happy Birthday to your baby - doesn't time fly by so quickly? My baby is turning 2 in a couple of weeks, which is just so bittersweet!