Monday, March 20, 2006

bit of a milestone week about to begin with Joseph turning 5 and starting school. Is he ready for it? Yes, definately...I have trouble answering the questions he asks these days rofl!!

The other night he discovered there are stars beyond his curtain at bedtime (they have just moved bedrooms and his bed is now under a window) . I thought he was long asleep, then heard him call me and I went in expecting the 'I need a wee or drink of water' routine, but he said in an awed little voice 'Mum I can see the stars!' so I jumped up next to him on the bed and we just gazed out at space and talked, he has decided he wants to be an Astronaut when he grows up. He asked me if ordinary people like him could become astronauts and as any mother would replied of course, he could do anything he wanted if he tries hard enough, all the while thinking 'are you crazy? do you think i'm going to let you blast off into space in a tin can on steriods lol, as if I could stop him!

In the end the questions regarding what stars are made of and what happens to them when they 'shoot' and what do satellites do got too involved and I had to ask Dad to join him at the window for a bit lol! So anyway yeah, our little sponge is definately ready for school! And me? am I ready for him to go to school? Yep, for sure I want to know what happens to the stars after they shoot!!!

No comments: