Sunday, March 19, 2006

Lacking a decent pic of me, I have made a candybar doll to represent me...and before you ask yes it is a good likeness lol!! minus the wrinkles!! Hee hee MORE girly stuff, very time wasting that site but oh such fun...even the boys all had a go and loved putting together outfits and hairdos!! and the husband did one of himself too...very funny and a blimin good likeness too, uncanny! Hmm the pic is too small but not sure how to remedy that just yet...

On the girly subject again, Joseph is turning five next week and on quizzing him about what sort of presents he would like he announced he didn't want just boy things he wanted some girl things also...because girl things are fun too, especially dolls cause you can change their clothes and hair styles!! After a moments stunned silence as I thought in horror of the tent and the walky talkies and the police helmets and torch etc I had just spent loads on...I said of course, lets tell Nana (as she had yet to buy for him)....but honestly I think its great, of course he should have a doll to role play with...why on earth not, its just scary how quickly we as parents fall into the stereotype trap the shops set for us. No doubt the novelty of the doll will wear off and the boy stuff will be played with just as much but I guess its all about exploration and allowing choices....made me laugh though...

Right the boys have gone to a car show, baby Samuel is so very nearly asleep that unfinished layout is mine all mine mwah ha ha!!

And to follow on with the girly theme this blog unexpectedly begun with here is my last layout complete with soft colours, flowers (had much fun making these) and a doodly look to it(the title is a computer font), so refreshing to try something new now and then! Must admit my black zig pen once hardly touched has been getting a fair old work out recently....my new best friend!

Monique.

1 comment:

Debra said...

What a beautiful scrapbook page! I love everything about it. You make me want to get back into scrapbooking which I have totally neglected for a few years now. thanks! ... Debra