Saturday, March 18, 2006


This is such a girly thing to write about...and only my second post! Still that is what this blog is for I reckon...as the only woman in a testerone filled house I think I should be allowed to let some purely girl, barbie-fied thoughts to be freed right here!

Anyway I bought a handbag today rofl!! I have never owned or bought a handbag before but today I caved in! Yes well I could not stand 'losing' (by this I mean misplacing of course) my wallet one more single time! I hate that feeling of having no memory whatsoever of where I put it down...ahem yes even though I have a place where it SHOULD go sometimes it just dosn't make once I've made it through the door laden with library books, kindy bag, several trailing children who then sit on the doorstep to take their shoes off and I have to fall over the top of them to get inside and then get sidetracked by maybe the mail or the dog eating the door to get in or the smell of the babies bottom wafting its message that it needs to be change NOW!! So anyway the wallet and keys and mobile phone generally get biffed in some direction or another of relative safety....

Anyway this morning it happened again, I sneakily rang the mobile phone hoping by finding that I would find my wallet, only it ran out of juice after two rings and I never caught which direction it rang from so then I had to put out the distress call "HAS ANYONE SEEN MY WALLET" which brought small boys running to look in the most unlikely places ever, a withering look from the husband even though he started surreptitiously searching because he knows I start going mental looking after a while and it gets ugly lol, so anyway after I had stomped about looking high and low and high again, after the husband rang the library to check if I had left it there despite my affronted denial that that could be possible for some reason he then looked in the pantry and found it in a countdown shopping bag with the loaves of bread I had bought the day before....how embarrassing, never again, I give in, I went straight to town and bought a bag!

My smug stance was always that bags just attracted junk and clutter and that by simply carrying my wallet with keys I avoided all that flotsam and jetsam....hopefully 'the bags' small size will control this to some extent! So there I was in the shop with master three scrutinizing the selection, Patrick very helpfully pointed out the scooby doo and Dora the Explorer school bags and a giant sports holdall...which were lovely but just not me...I got to a funky little cream number with embroider flowers and leaves and swirly bits which I thought was pretty cool and just what I felt like buying and a plain chic cream number....unfortunately I had to let the head rule and not the heart as you could only hold the flower one in your hand it wouldn't fit up onto your shoulder which is useless when juggling a baby and numerous other things whilst holding the hands of two small boys crossing the road...so the chic plain cream it was..

Anyway the husbands reaction when I got home 'How Paris!' (Hilton) rofl!! So I popped it in the middle of the floor and did I little boogy around it just to show him I didn't care lol and the boys thought this was great fun and charged in to join me and picked it up whirling it about their heads....oh yes this little bag dosn't know what has hit it yet..!!

No comments: