Wednesday, March 29, 2006

I don't seem to have many spare minutes in the day at the moment...I'd forgotten (amnesia is essential to being a parent) just how busy it gets when a baby learns to crawl!!! Today I have rescued Samuel from underneath a heavy ceramic plant pot several times (yes I have now moved said pot), from the horrors of playing with the loo brush eeewww, from going down the door step only to get stuck halfway when he realises his hands and head are now lower than his legs, from under beds and chairs etc, etc.....I am cream crackered. Plus answering Josephs endless questions or listening to one of his extended explanations about something completely and utterly and absorbingly (is this a word?) interesting to a five year old and trying to give Patrick enough cuddles to fill up his bottomless cuddle reservoir (I am sure its sprung a leak, It seems to need constant replenishing at the minute) and he always seems to 'need' one just when I've plunged my hands into a sink of soapy dish washing water aaagghhh!!

anway I was just sitting here feeling tired but thinking it was a nice tired, I feel like I try my best to give a little bit of me to all of them, yes I get cross sometimes when I could have bitten my lip and sucked it in and yes I let some things irritate instead of sliding but I'm not perfect and neither are they and we shouldn't have to be with each other I guess otherwise we would be emotional robots! yuk!

We all went down to Josephs first soccer practice get together this afo and it was great to be all out together enjoying something. Joseph is good at kicking and he I practiced kicking and stopping the ball, while Patrick blew me away with how focused he was and spent a good solid 15 minutes just dribbling the ball around with perfect control weaving in and out of the older kids cool! Samuel was my angel as always and enjoyed sitting or crawling around on the grass having balls rolled to him, never making a fuss despite his tea time being way overdue.

I like this poem, one day I might use it or some of it on a layout of my wonderful kids....
I am your parent
you are my child

I am your quiet place
you are my wild

I am your calm face
you are my giggle

I am your wait
you are my wiggle

I am your carriage ride
you are my king

I am your push
you are my swing

I am your audience
you are my clown

I am your London Bridge
you are my falling down

I am your carrot sticks
you are my chocolate cake

I am your dandelion
you are my first wish

I am your water wings
you are my deep

I am your open arms
you are my running leap

I am your way home
you are my new path

I am your dry towel
you are my wet bath

I am your bedtime
you are my wide awake

I am your finish line
you are my running race

I am your praying hands
you are my saving grace

I am your favourite book
you are my new lines

I am your nightlight
you are my starshine

I am your lullaby
you are my peekaboo

I am your goodnight kiss
you are my I love you.

Off to gather strength now for another day...night night!
Monique.


2 comments:

Roo said...

Crickey I bet you will sleep well tonight. Aren't kids such a treasure. I love your expression -"cream crackered" lol.
And that poem is lovely.

Lara said...

that is a beautiful poem - did you write it or find it? I want to use it too!